Spare Parts Clerk
Contract - 2397
American Technical Associates, Inc. (ATA) , a Knoxville, TN based Technical Staffing/Search firm, has the following long-term position available in Maryville, TN;
Spare Parts Tech (2nd shift)
Uses computer system for tracking, logging, verifying and reporting
· Performs a combination of manual and clerical duties to receive, store, and issue equipment and materials.
· Physically handle / unpack inventory, restock shelves/bins, empty recycle bins.
· Frequently receive (data entry) and sort incoming parts and supplies.
· Routinely (daily/wkly) Conduct physical inventory counts and verify quantities to maintain proper stock levels.
· Frequently perform basic math functions with accuracy
· Frequently read/comprehend manufacturer communications, computerized inventories, labels, signs, symbols,
lists, forms and packing slips.
· Frequently discusses and co-ordinate tasks with coworkers.
· Frequently finds missing parts and supplies by reconciliation.
· Devise safe and creative solutions when sorting /stocking parts.
· Will occasionally build / modify storage cabinets and shelving.
· Must use ladder/steps to access inventory
· Must use packaging tools, floor jacks, basic hand tools
· Ability to frequently perform basic math functions with accuracy
· Must be able to use and understand measuring devices. (Rulers, Micrometers, Tape measures)
· Basic typing skills and data entry skills
· Computer: Intermediate Computer skills with the ability to learn new applications quickly
· Computer: Ability to navigate e-mail, windows7, MS Office (Excel, Access, Word) confidently
· Computer: Ability to create Excel spreadsheets
· Computer: Ability to cross-reference / extract data from multiple sources
· Ability to interact professionally with people
· MUST be detailed-oriented
· Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize duties by importance
· Must be a self-learner and self-motivator