American Technical Associates, Inc. (ATA)* , a Knoxville, TN based Technical Staffing/Search firm, has the following long-term contract position available in the Loudon, TN area:
Chemistry Lab Tech
(Candidates must be willing to work a 3 on/ 3 off rotating shift)
Job Type:Temp/ Contract
Analyze samples throughout the process, finished products, and research samples to ensure the quality of the process and help improve operations within the facility.
* Ensure the products meet the customer requirements.
* Field sampling, analyzing samples received from the various process steps
* Testing final product against release specifications, and associated regulatory documentation.
* Minor repair, set-up, routine preventative maintenance, and calibration of instrumentation, preparation of standards, equipment validation, electronic data entry, as well as other routine laboratory tasks.
* Some microbiology-related process support is also required.
BS in Chemistry, Biology or Microbiology desired but not required.
* This position requires a self starter with the ability to learn quickly and manage a diverse workload.
* The candidate will be working in a manufacturing environment working closely with Process Operators and Engineers.
* 1 year analytical laboratory experience preferred.
* Hands on experience with HPLC, GC, and ICP instrumentation preferred.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
* Knowledge of Six Sigma processes.
Qualified candidates please respond with a MS Word resume.
ATA is an EOE
Job Types: Temporary, Contract